checking browser

Jonathan E

Hi Folks,

when I enter KK I recieve the message *checking your browser before accessing kiity-kats*.
Well, that's okay. But why must my browser be checked EVERY FIVE MINUTES? That's a bit annoying
This happens to me using either IE or Firefox.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
John

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
it is related with Cloudflare protection. At first I thought it was a Cloudflare configuration problem, but recently the check has become more aggressive in all the websites using such DDoS protection :dunno:
I know it is annoying, but it's the price to pay to maintain website online

wizard

Personally I really don't understand why so many members complain about browser check. I mean you have to wait for how much, few hours? Common, it's stupid few seconds. Sometimes more often, sometimes less. Anyway, it's not matter of life or death.

Chill out and enjoy the board content :)

XXXSan

Takes about 2 minutes to get past the checks (they keep reloading the page only to do the same thing again...) then it shows up after 5 minutes again...

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
it is annoying indeed because the check repeatedly shows and makes it hard/impossible to perform my usual activities here. Anyway it's the price to pay to maintain the website up :dunno:

Jonathan E

Thanks a lot for the replies. I just wanted to be sure that there is nothing wrong with my connection.
.Have a nice day,
J.

Purvvygurl

It's odd, though. Some days, I get the browser check when I first arrive, and never see it again. Other times, like today, I get the browser check seemingly every couple of minutes or so. This isn't a complaint, mind you, just an observation. I'm grateful KK is taking things so seriously.

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
It's odd, though. Some days, I get the browser check when I first arrive, and never see it again. Other times, like today, I get the browser check seemingly every couple of minutes or so. This isn't a complaint, mind you, just an observation. I'm grateful KK is taking things so seriously.
yup I know what you mean, the same happens to me o_O

syrphid0011$

what the check actually "checking" ???? does anyone know ????
is trying to find what websites you visit ?????
or what you are looking at ?????

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
No its not trying to find out what sites your visiting, cloudflare is checking to make sure that no malicious traffic is being sent via your browser.

syrphid0011$

its very intrusive - spend more time looking at cloudflare screen than accessing the website - sometimes takes 20 mins or more and thats with exiting browser and refreshes
and only spend 3-4 mins on the website it self between cloudlflare checks
How do you know that its not checking the computer or browsing data ??????

syrphid0011$

exited this forum and immediately got the cloudflare screen - spent another 10 mins before re-accessing
its not taking 5 seconds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its 10 minutes minimum
also it is not re-loading after it does its check - you need to exit the browser
and re-start then it loads

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
Cloudflare don't have the access required to browse any data on your device, they are simply checking that the traffic coming from your browser is genuine and not manipulated to cause issues.
If your experiencing the issues you say you are then you need to run some anti virus and anti malware scans to see if your device is infected, I only get one browser check lasting a couple of seconds before the site loads.

syrphid0011$

OK - it seems that Firefox and associated browsers are now blocked by cloudflare
you get a continuous page stating checking - but it never gets anywhere
whilst opera is deemed ok

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
honestly it works good with firefox, chromium or any other browser I tried (opera too). I don't know why you are experiencing such issues but it should be on your side, not a cloudflare-related problem

EDIT: the only weird thing happens if/when you digit kitty-kats.net instead of hxxps://kitty-kats.net in browser's address space. That will lead you to a longer page loading resulting in an unformatted page

you have to use the complete address hxxps://kitty-kats.net

SAN