Cloudflare?

Guitarzan

Since the site went down and came back, this new cloudflare IP check is not letting my BID download any files... Is it just me?

Guitarzan

So- I found a work around. If you find a set you want to send to BID, before you do, open it in a new tab, then cut the URL, and select paste and go... it seems to turn off the cloudflare preset

Kennie

Same thing happened to me. I upgraded BID to the latest 5.47 works well now. Also works on other sites that were broken.

Guitarzan

You were visiting a Cloudflare customer’s website, and something went wrong. Don’t worry, it’s not your fault. If the problem isn’t resolved in the next few minutes, it’s most likely an issue with the web server you were trying to reach.

Cloudflare protects websites by sitting in front of Internet requests, and we work with website owners and hosting providers to identify underlying problems in their server configuration.

Anybody that runs a website should be on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare speeds up your website by caching content at 194 data centers around the world. In addition, our SSL provides HTTPS support, securing your website and improving search engine rankings. Both of these offerings are entirely free.

Since this site (Kitty-Kats) is NOT HTTPS, this seems to be the work atound... I am merely speculating...

CtrlAltJ

I am using BID 5.48 and I can no longer download from Kitty Kats.

BID reports "Error loading page, response: Service Temporarily Unavailable" and cannot load / resolve any links from Kitty Kats pages.

1. Is there something that I can do in the BID config to work with the Cloudflare check?
2. Is there other download software that can work with the Cloudflare check?

Thanks.

Guitarzan

From AntiBodySoftware site...
If for some reason you still cannot get BID to load a web page on such a site try saving the web page to an html file on your hard drive. Then to load it into BID using the 'Load from File' option. This will only work if the full sized images are hosted on a different web server (e.g. links to imagevenue).
This will slow you down considerably, which I suspect is the reason behind the cloudflare confiscation of download links

So far, the only thing that works with BID 5,48 is to open each page link, and add ONE AT A TIME to BID NOT BID que manager...This TOTALLY SUCKS

Last edited by a moderator:

CtrlAltJ

Instructions from the most excellent developer at Antibody Software, re: Kitty Kats vs Cloudflare:

| Please add this line to your "javascript sites" list (advanced config):
| <kitty-kats.net/threads/>
| You may have to click on the Scan button a second time to get the page
| to load correctly. Once the page has loaded correctly it should work
| first time for other pages.

I tested this with 5.48, and it works: config once, fixes for all KK page loads.

Good luck!

quantum

Instructions from the most excellent developer at Antibody Software, re: Kitty Kats vs Cloudflare:

| Please add this line to your "javascript sites" list (advanced config):
| <kitty-kats.net/threads/>
| You may have to click on the Scan button a second time to get the page
| to load correctly. Once the page has loaded correctly it should work
| first time for other pages.

I tested this with 5.48, and it works: config once, fixes for all KK page loads.

Good luck!
Does this still work for people? For me it doesn't, unfortunately. Anyone happen to know whether I should change something? Thanks.

CtrlAltJ

It does not.

As far as I can tell, Cloudflare breaks all automatic / queued thumbnail downloads.

Antibody Software Support had this to offer, re: KittyKat's current Cloudflare block:

I got it to work by using the "BID Site Login" (Ctrl+Alt+L) function to open that URL using BID's internal browser.
Wait until the page loads, then close the internal browser window and try again. It should load the second time.

But:

For now you'll have to do this with every link and then send the batch to the Queue Manager after it's located the images.
I will look into this problem as soon as I can to try and work around this.

Bulk Image Downloader is really good software, and I've been using it to reliably + successfully queue thousands of thumbnail sets on KittyKats, Adultboard and Viper for years.

However: Cloudflare is designed to break automatic / unattended access. For now, at least, thumbnail downloads on KittyKats are broken.

junkeyslutz

BID still not working & the advice on their page that is also given above is not working

"I got it to work by using the "BID Site Login" (Ctrl+Alt+L) function to open that URL using BID's internal browser.
Wait until the page loads, then close the internal browser window and try again. It should load the second time"

CtrlAltJ

I have been able to use that method to download images from individual forum posts. However, it doesn't scale: each post needs to be loaded, Cloudflare dealt with, and then sent to Queue Manager. Which is just too slow. Further: Cloudflare resets every few minutes. So even if you successfully queued a handful of links using this method, Cloudflare would still kick in and block the downloads.

As far as I can tell: For as long as Kitty Kats has Cloudflare in place, the "Fine Art Girls / Picture (Thumbs) Posts & RAR-files" section is broken for Bulk Image Downloader.

I can see that people are still creating posts in the "Picture (Thumbs) Posts & RAR-files" forum, however. So some software must be able to work with Cloudflare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Milobear

It's Dec now, and still no solution to cloudflare? I think the owners and admin's of our beloved Kitty site would have found a way to get rid of Cloud completely, or at least a way around it. Kitty must have lost a huge % of their users. Other BID type pic sites do not use C.F., and are working fine.
Kitty does offer very slow dl's on most of their pic sets that also have limits to their use...not a viable alternative most of the time.
Please Kitty, fix this!!