Filefox support

marcopoly

My last post......"Same here, still waiting for a reply over 24 hrs later. Download speed is just a trickle with plenty of download limit available (85%)."

Update
Filefox IT Support
"As for download speed issue - it may depend on a lot of factors.
> So please first try to turn off Firewall, Antivirus, or any other
> software that may influence the internet connection quality.
> Also, try to use another download manager.
"

So, despite other users in different parts of the world with different hardware and ISP's experiencing the same problem out of the blue at the same time....it's the customer's fault.
Of course it's not your fault. This answer is just easy, just do a download test elsewhere and on an another computer and if your speed is normal, you can do nothing more than report this issue.

Red Baron

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
Selective blindness it's called.
Or could it be that the issue is only affecting a few people and it may well not be a filefox issue, the only time I've had any speed issues is when using a VPN.
Maybe its ISP related as some are clamping down on file sharing sites again.

marcopoly

Or could it be that the issue is only affecting a few people and it may well not be a filefox issue, the only time I've had any speed issues is when using a VPN.
Others file sharing sites work very well with my connection. Filefox was still ok at Christmas. I still don't have an answer to my new email yesterday to the support.

Red Baron

No - my experience is the same as marcopoly's. No problems with my ISP, and I don't use a VPN for FileFox downloads. I have a good high speed connection with no latency issues at my end. The poor performance I have been experiencing this last week has been sporadic - for instance awful on Sunday, better on Monday and awful again on Tuesday.

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
Other site may work fine but that's doesn't mean your ISP isn't trying to block them, the ISP I use regularly tries to block rapidgator and mega, it works for a short time and speeds are non existent but then there back to normal(using a VPN proves it as the speeds never drop) a few weeks later.

Red Baron

Other site may work fine but that's doesn't mean your ISP isn't trying to block them, the ISP I use regularly tries to block rapidgator and mega, it works for a short time and speeds are non existent but then there back to normal(using a VPN proves it as the speeds never drop) a few weeks later.
I hear what you say, but there are half a dozen posts on this forum all noting the same poor performance at the same times. I don't see how this can be put down to ISPs. My ISP only blocks Zippyshare and that's when I use a VPN.

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
So because half a dozen people have an issue it's not possible for it to be their ISP? That makes zero sense, it's more likely to be ISP related due to the small amount of complaints.

Red Baron

So because half a dozen people have an issue it's not possible for it to be their ISP? That makes zero sense, it's more likely to be ISP related due to the small amount of complaints.
My ISP is Virgin Media in the UK - who is yours marcopoly?
Please note that I (and others highlighting the problem) didn't experience problems with other filehosts.
I appreciate your input NOS911 but I suspect that the real reason is more likely to be that FF have expanded too rapidly for their server capacity, or have been having server reliability problems.
As regards number of complaints, I suspect that very few FF users are aware that this thread exists, and that the majority who have speed problems simply put up with it. I suspect that these comments are the tip of the iceberg - I wouldn't have mentioned it had I not been having other problems with FF, as had some of the other posters.

Last edited by a moderator:

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
I noted the issue only seems to be affecting filefox, however that doesn't rule out it being ISP related, seeing as your with Virgin and knowing very well how they operate I stand by my opinion, don't be surprised if other file hosts start dropping for a while soon, they are in the midst of a round of trying to stop access to hosts that may have copyrighted material stored and accessible to others.

Red Baron

I noted the issue only seems to be affecting filefox, however that doesn't rule out it being ISP related, seeing as your with Virgin and knowing very well how they operate I stand by my opinion, don't be surprised if other file hosts start dropping for a while soon, they are in the midst of a round of trying to stop access to hosts that may have copyrighted material stored and accessible to others.
Thanks NOS911 - if it happens again I'll try using a VPN & see what happens.

meyer2

What are the chances that half a dozen different ISP's around the world started having issues with FF all at the same time (last 10 days)? More likely that some upgrade, some parameter tweaked, some code modified or some switch flicked at Filefox has caused unforeseen affects with some accounts.

qwz75

Global Moderator
Staff member
Dear FileFox support!

I have to ask this question - in the name of our uploaders:
Why are you deleting several new contents (for example the new MetArt Network content) within a few hours after the upload.
It is sure, that the reason is not the dmca.
If you do not want to see these content on your servers, than why do not inform us: not to upload them?
We can avoid the useless work in our uploaders side... and in your side...
As you are the only allowed filehost here on K-K, than we can simply ignore the new contents from MetArt (The Whole Network), FemJoy, Nubiles, TeenDreams, Hegre... and whatever you say... Just tell us!
Uploading these contents, while you are deleting them whithin a few hours, are a waste of work for you and for us.
Inform us, and we will stop uploading these studio sets.
The Forum will loose some hundreds of users, but who cares?
They will download these contents from other Forums - and from other hosts.
Just communicate with us - instead of the rough deletions.
Please! (Useless work is the worst.)

FileFox

@qwz75, questions like this one is not for public discussion due to security reasons. Just to remind, that you or any other uploader can always discuss any matter with our manager. Also, please check your PM.

alleyes

What are the chances that half a dozen different ISP's around the world started having issues with FF all at the same time (last 10 days)? More likely that some upgrade, some parameter tweaked, some code modified or some switch flicked at Filefox has caused unforeseen affects with some accounts.

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
How do you know its half a dozen ISP's? Just because half a dozen people have posted here doesn't mean they are all using different ISP's(only one so far has mentioned who their ISP is), the fact that only a few people have complained shows it's a localised issue, if it was due to the reasons you mention it would effect all users.
The one ISP mentioned I know for a fact have started a campaign to clamp down on file hosts that are used to share copyrighted material, and it's something that is going to become more widespread amongst ISP's.

Red Baron

.......The one ISP mentioned I know for a fact have started a campaign to clamp down on file hosts that are used to share copyrighted material, and it's something that is going to become more widespread amongst ISP's.
I have just downloaded 2 copies of the same 1.3GB file from FF in parallel. One was downloaded direct from FF using Chrome - my usual pocedure to date. The second was downloaded using Opera with its integral VPN activated. This second (VPN) download took 8 minutes. The non VPN copy is still downloading after 15 minutes and has almost an hour still to run. It looks to me as if it has been throttled, exactly as NOS911 suggested above and is running at about 10% of the speed of the copy downloaded via Opera's VPN (which is free!).
Thanks NOS911 :)

Update

75 minutes to download without VPN (ISP: Virgin Media UK).
Still p*ssed of with FF over my initial complaint, though my account appears to be behaving as it should now :rolleyes:

androd

i signed up for a VPN and tried to download a file. speed was worse than dial up. with no vpn 100kb to 200. using vpn 25kb. i tried 2 or 3 different files with same results

this is the message from FileFox after i used a VPN
Error
You've tried to download from 2 different IPs in the last 3 hours. You will not be able to download for 3 hours.
am i using the vpn wrong? is there some setup that needs to be done on my end?