Hegre baffles me

Pouget

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, if so, mods please move. Thank.)

Can someone explain what the deal is with most recent Hegre sets?

I might be missing something, but they seem to be either unedited or on purpose they are multiple shots of almost the exact same pose. Model stands, snap, move arm very slightly, snap, again, snap, etc., etc., etc. until you've a set with only little variation on the same scene/pose.

Is there a reason for this I'm not 'getting'?

Thanks.

Specks

It's odd alright. He is a top photographer for sure but his sets are one or two poses 30 or 40 times.

I don't get it either.

davep

Hegre may be a "top photographer" to some, but technical knowledge does not alone make for a quality erotic photographer. Hegre seems to have no understanding at all of what it takes to create an erotic set and doesn't seem to understand his audience. I will not address his video creation capabilities, but rather his photo sets here:

First of all, as was pointed out by another member above, merely taking a photo of a naked girl and then following it up with other photos of her simply turning her face in various directions is simply being lazy on his part. One must first consider how the photo set is to be used: In my opinion, a guy will download a complete set and then run it through a slideshow viewer rather than simply open selected photos one-at-a-time. This enables the viewer to use his hands freely to stroke his dick, or hold a vaginal sleeve as he masturbates, letting the excitement build as each photo comes into view. While there can be times when a girl is presented completely nude from the start, Hegre doesn't seem to understand that, for hundreds (if not thousands) of years, a striptease is the most effective means for raising sexual tension, and an ejaculation is the goal.

There are many aspects to this, of course. As each piece of clothing is removed, a bit more of a girl's erotic zones should be revealed in each photo. But even before the clothes are removed, special attention can be given to the way that a blouse hangs off her nipples, as they poke through the material -- aka "pokies." Similarly, the way the panties can grip a girl's pussy lips, the "cameltoe," has tremendous erotic value even if a girl doesn't have an extended labia. A good erotic photographer understands the peculiar femininity of panties themselves, and will take advantage of incorporating them in a slow sequence where they are removed, either exposing the labia bit-by-bit, or helping us appreciate the round, smooth butt as the girl carefully slips them off. Sure, Hegre has sets in panty removal mini-sequences, but too often he misses this entirely by simply sticking his girls fully nude at the outset on pedestals where there is no anticipation of a further reveal. If you look at the best sets of the best photographers, they will almost always build on sexual tension by exposing more and more of her sexuality to ensure that the viewer will have a full ejaculation at the end as he is ultimately confronted with a series of close-ups of a cunt with her hole open and ready for penetration.

Hegre also often doesn't use the lighting properly. When taking shots of a girl with small tits, you don't want to take a full frontal of the girl with bright lighting as it causes the girl to appear flatter than she actually is. (This and other mistakes I am pointing out here aren't confined to Hegre, btw, as many other sites repeat these mistakes, but he is one of the worst.) A photo of a girl's tit from a side profile should be almost considered a requirement of any set, with her erect nipples profiled against the background, and a closeup of even a single tit with her nipple standing firmly can turn a small-tittie girl into a mouth-watering sex goddess.

When taking a photo of a girl's butt, too often her cunt isn't visible or is made invisible by dark lighting. (This is one of my biggest peeves of all photographers, btw.) What is the point of showing a cunt if you can't even see it? Hegre again also usually forgets the importance of close-ups. If you look at sets by the best of the best photographers, such as those found on Digital Desire or Babes, you will notice that the most erotic photos are those in which the percentage of flesh-to-nonflesh in the frame has been maximized. It isn't just to get additional detail, since if you notice yourself, when you are suddenly confronted with that "blast" of an image appearing in front of you of naked, girl's flesh, your cock can't help but get firm immediately. In fact, a full-screen, close-up of a nipple alone can saturate your brain with eroticism in itself if done correctly. The nipple becomes the essence of her sexuality. And if you are showing a girl in a full, rear-view doggie position, this almost demands a series of follow-up closeups of the labia lips, and hopefully, those of a sufficiently opened vagina. While one can argue that the full-on, deep vaginal photos of, say, In-The-Crack website may not be for everyone, I would suggest that ensuring that the lips are spread enough to at least give some idea of the inner vaginal wall ripples, another shot ensuring that she pulls aside her lips to expose a swollen clit, and perhaps one of a glimpse of her urethra hole has a real value to most of us guys. Any good photographer knows instinctively that an open cunt keeps a viewer's dick hard. And I would even say that a close-up pee shot where the urine is clearly seen gushing from her urethra hole should be a requirement of any set, but I know that this little perversion of mine isn't shared by everyone.

And while thinking about cunt-shots and close-ups, great shots of girls with extended labia can be taken showing how the petals hang down between her legs as she stands, or how they can protrude from between the butt cheeks when a side photo is taken of her in doggie position. He should also know if her lips open into a "butterfly" and ensure that a closeup of that is included. Too often the lips are closed or the labia isn't sufficiently aroused to swell up the lips. Hegre misses these subtleties over and over again or doesn't bother to make a cunt enticing when shown in a fully flowered manner. Consider also the basic, side profile shot of a girl in doggie position. Too often such shots are taken without the girl looking invitingly into the camera, or her tits aren't adequately shown hanging down or her nipples blocked out of the photo. When a girl is in this position, her tits will often fill out a bit, giving that full-of-milk look that enhances otherwise smaller tits. And of course, for big-tittie girls, these mouth-watering, fully-engorged, side shots with her butt arched upward would be the highlight in a complete set -- and too often aren't included by Hegre. Notice too that special, rear-view doggie pose where a girl is bent over and her knees are pushed forward further thrusting out her labia behind. This causes the butt cheeks to flare outward and creates an enticing rear-view that fills a screen with her sexuality. Again, Hegre misses this one over and over again. Basic stuff, really.

Last edited by a moderator:

davep

...continued from above:

And too often other "classic" shots are missed as well, in spite of the endless contortions he puts a girl through: a basic frontal position where the legs are wide open exposing the cunt (hopefully with the lips separated), a standing bent-over position both from the side and rear -- to emphasize the butt, full-on, close-up, cropped shots of a girl's upper thigh, cunt and anus from the rear when she is in doggie-position (essentially at the moment just prior to a penetration), and various mini-sequences that show the slow exposure of these girly bits as they are exposed in these positions, and sets of shots at varying distances of each feminine bit -- closing each mini-sequence with an extreme closeup of that bit of her sexuality.

Compare also how Digital Desire or Babes uses color. Look at any set of Digital Desire's Alyssa Lovelace as an example. Notice how the colors are used to bring to life the flesh tones of the model. Backgrounds are used creatively. White backgrounds can have their place, of course, but color in the background or colorful clothes are very beneficial and significantly add to the excitement.

Look also at how Hegre misses opportunities to make his models look pretty. He often has some pretty girls, but leaving them expressionless hardly engorges a guy's dick. Compare that to the carefully posed facial expressions of Digital Desire, in particular those where the girl has that enticing, "come fuck me now," look. Compare photos of the same girl of different photographers when she is presented on other websites and notice how some can make a girl appear sexy just from her face alone. It is really remarkable how that first facial photo alone can cause an erection, especially when you know that the photographer will carefully take you through a journey of progressive eroticism ending with a good close-up of an open, wet vagina -- even if it isn't dripping. A pretty face with an inviting look goes a long way toward a satisfying ejaculation.

I'm sorry, I could really go on and on here, and have probably gone on too much. I had the advantage of going to a shoot of a photographer who shared with me a whole slew of ideas in taking erotic photos -- concentrating on the poses, since I didn't really have the background to appreciate the intricacies of filters, focal length, or photoshopping. I even started writing a book on what I learned from him, but gave up partway through since I realized that whatever I said would not carry any weight with any photographer -- not being one myself. There is really so much I could say, and yet, so much I could still learn. I at least learned to appreciate a true pro when I see one. It is sad to see how many of the photographers lack even the most basic knowledge of posing and composition. Like I say, you can have all the technical knowledge in the world, but that doesn't make you an artist. And Hegre is no artist. That much is for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: