Image hosts rename files, where can I find the proper image numbers for MCN sets?

nimbus

Many times, depending on the image host a thumbnail gallery uploader uses, the images are renamed/renumbered by the image host during upload, sometimes not. I have a bunch of MCN Kitty Jane sets that I got using a bulk image d/l software, some sets still had the proper file names, some sets did not. I could have set it to rename them during the d/l if I had known the proper names/numbers the site used to name them.

Errotica Archive sets, Femjoy sets, are both easy to find the proper file naming format for the images in a particular set - MCN is not so easy. The covers samples on their site doesn't reveal them as it does at FJ, and it doesn't seem to follow a definite sequential pattern according to how many sets the model has done as it does at EA. The way I like to store my sets, I want them in the naming/numbering pattern used by their original publishers.

For example

the set Jane K - Passionate Touch every file begins with 80 followed by the image number, (01, 02, etc) so the first image is 8001, etc.
the set Jane K -Voyeur every set begins with 90 followed by the image number (01, 02, etc) so the first image is 9001, etc.

but then, skipping the set Terrace (which starts at 11) it goes to 10 on the set Long Legs and more frustrating yet, the series number seems to increase opposite the date the sets are published - descending order rather than ascending, but sometimes skipping as indicated on Terrace and Long Legs (of course, there is the possibility the uploader renamed them incorrectly before uploading too)

so, my confusion aside, I need the proper set numbers for only 3 MCN sets:

Jane K. - The Body
Jane K. - Bed Session
Jane K. - Sexy Legs

If anybody knows these sets proper series number or of a resource you use to find the sequence of McNudes image sets, it would help me a lot getting these 3 sets stored. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:

ZipLineAttack

Zips of these sets can be found linked below or by googling "oxfol 2014-05-27 - 3437 - Jane - Sexy legs" - top link should bring you to page 15 of a chronological MC-Nudes collection which has all 3 sets in question. I just wanted to put that upfront to start with for anyone who wants them.

Jane K. - The Body - MCN - 2014 07 01 runs "jane_mc_nudes401" - "jane_mc_nudes490" KK thread of this set here http://kitty-kats.net/showthread.php?2160584-2014-07-01-Jane-The-Body-(90)
Jane K. - Bed Session - MCN - 2014 06 02 runs "mc_nudes_jane436001" - "mc_nudes_jane436062" KK thread of this set here http://kitty-kats.net/showthread.php?2142105-Jane-Bed-Session-(June-02-2014)-5760px-64-images&highlight=Jane+Bed+Session
Jane K. - Sexy Legs - MCN - 2014 05 27 runs "mc_nudes_jane437001" - "mc_nudes_jane437073"

This ordering only applies to the pictures - NOT the covers which are usually just "mcn_cover_xl". You can see that the file name scheme for "The Body" is not like the others and unless the sets are obtained from source1 (MCN), there is no guarantee that the file names will be correct.

I, as I'm sure anyone who has ever used a bulk DL program, know exactly what you mean with the file name and ordering issue. I use BID v4.57 only as a last resort and usually in tandem with Bulk Rename Utility(free software) to make file name corrections/additions/reordering. Most agencies have consistent and logical file name patterns and when they don't it's an organizing nightmare. Especially where the order jumps from pic 044 to 047 for example. I'm not sure whether I am missing 2 pictures or whether the set was published that way and they didn't think about the file names.

nimbus

Thanks a lot, that should do it! My copy of 'the body' is named by the same schematic you show here, I just thought it was wrong because my other jane sets from mcn don't have the 'jane_mc_nudes' prefix or the other 'mc_nudes_jane' style prefix either but it's possible i cut them off with a renamer to where all the other mcn jane sets i have start with "jane8001" for example - thanks again, this should set my last two sets in order.