Missing Content after server transfer

yandex

After the new website has started working, I have noticed that a lot of the content (almost all from Fine art girls galleries) that I downloaded is not present anymore. For example to name a few there were dozens of galleries of models Vittoria, Violet, Gloria Sol, Cara Mell, Lenai, Dakota Pink but new only a meager few are present. Also to point to note here is that some stuff from 2016 & 2017 is present but 2018 posted stuff is gone. Has all of that content been lost, or is the process not yet complete and all that content will be available soon ?
If that content has indeed been lost that would be quite a sad and frustrating affair, Kitty-kats has been my go to site for pretty much anything that I want and most of the times I find it here when it isn't present elsewhere.

S-type

Global Moderator
Staff member
In spite of what they might say, all imagehosts and filehosts operate policies of deleting stored content after some specified period has elapsed since it was last accessed. So to minimise any dead weight that would otherwise get transferred to our new servers and operating system during our upgrade, the Kitty-Kats Moderating Staff and the upgrade team did a clean-up of our database, involving deleting posts and link entries for which the content was actually no longer available at the host - i.e. the links were dead. Such content will almost certainly continue to be available, even at those hosts that have deleted it, because it will quite possibly have been uploaded again already, or will be done in future if there's a demand for it.

yandex

Thanks for replying, actually what I was worried about was the search not working, when the site re-launched the search was only showing a few results, but now it is functioning properly and it seems most of my concern was unfounded. However I do have a suggestion previosuly search showed results by latest first, now it shows them by relevance by default. We can still change that by going into advanced search, but if it can be made that by default latest are displayed first it would be an improvement.

S-type

Global Moderator
Staff member
At first glance it appears that the "Relevance" option is a built in default setting in the "Advanced Search System" that we're now using.

yandex

It is not as productive as the date setting in my opinion.
For example I search the name of a model intending to see if she has any new sets other than the 30 that I already got from this site and the top result is the most relevant result aka a post from 2017.

One of the best features is the search system of this site which does very well even when searching with a single letter, for example model names like Lena A, Lena B, Lena C (you get it and other model names like this). Relevance is not a useful feature when search does a good job even to a single letter.

So if it can be tweaked a little bit to make by date search a default it would be great.

yandex

It only takes a click to toggle the Date/Relevance option!
Indeed, but it requires to be toggled every single time, say 50 times a single session that adds up quite a bit.
Also the fact that to toggle it we have to go into "Advanced Options" every time, having to open a new page every time, If it was toglleable in the site search box that would be a bit better.
Overall the search is working fine, indeed this is not a site-breaking issue, but I do think it would make using the site a lot easier and convenient especially as it was before. I think it definitely is a worthwhile consideration.