Pics or Videos?

lihoni

I love both, too. Here is why - videos are the real deal, but as @KK916 said, it depends on various factors. Regarding pics, it leaves place for your own interpretation, so to say. Your mind does the editing ;) It is like asking whether you like movies or books. Depends on the viewer's preferences :D

Although I do like pictures, I just way prefer moving action, I'm actually surprised pictures seem more popular.

I do remember the internets early days, when videos online were of a very poor quality ( yeah I'm that old ) so maybe it stemmed from there, pictures usually being decent quality & videos were just not worth watching or downloading because of their poor quality, so pictures had a good start.
and they took 3.5 days to download a 40 second clip that looked like minecraft.

ingridguerci94

Often wondered, what's more popular, I only ever watch videos & I never download any picture sets, I prefer real time action, rather than still images.

Anyone have any views on the subject?.

When I watch a video, the things that happen, happen in the video. The things that happen are limited to what’s actually in the video. So if the video is, for example, the same two actors having sex from three different positions, and that fits into a 6 minute video, then I’m limited to what I’m seeing happening. Watching it uses up my ability to fantasize about it.

On the other hand for the pictures, I can use them to draw my own movie in my mind about what I want them to do. So I’m not limited to what the artist is showing me. If I’m careful about directing my fantasy, I can make them do anything. I can be them. I can move them. I can direct them myself. I can focus my concentration into the parts I’m interested in seeing.

Although I do like pictures, I just way prefer moving action, I'm actually surprised pictures seem more popular.

I do remember the internets early days, when videos online were of a very poor quality ( yeah I'm that old ) so maybe it stemmed from there, pictures usually being decent quality & videos were just not worth watching or downloading because of their poor quality, so pictures had a good start.
Poor quality & Resolution ( size ) as well. In most cases. I was on dialup in May 2001 when I first came online. And it didn't help I was on WEBTV as well. That virtually had zero hard drive space. lol. So I got a computer pretty quickly. At first, as one can tell by my user name? It was pix sets. Since Jen didn't do videos yet. Neither did most of the other "Online" models as we called them back in those days. So yeah, for what was available? It was Pix. Didn't really have a choice. Until Jen put out Pix CDs, they also threw on a couple of 320x240 videos of her on them. She never did start selling site videos until sometime in 2004. Originally because she said she really didn't know what fans might want to see done in one. lol. But there were a few of her fans like me. That weren't going to take no for an answer for long. So we kept asking anyway. Til they finally started doing videos. I was long on Cable by that time so, I was like YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Then she finally made 2 site DVDs, which 720x480 was a much nicer size. lol. But yeah, over all it went back and forth with me. Even if she never used a higher resolution ( but on accident a couple of times ) She forgot to resize them, lol. Was nice being the 1st person who usually downloaded her updates. I quickly emailed her & said ( you forgot to resize the images. ) Her reply? I was late with the update. lol. I was the only one who got that set in the full sized images. I was also the only 1 who got her "kitty" pic in another set she quickly uploaded. She said, you're lucky. I missed it. lol. It was the only one I ever saw. lol. So since 2004? It became both.