Search not working properly

yandex

Sad, it used to be such an accurate feature.
To moderators, I understand it is not in your power to solve this issue, but you are at least in contact with those who can solve or get this issue solved. Please dont let it rest and keep giving reminders every now and often to those in charge to get this solved.
What I fear most since this has been going on so long, is that this mattered has been just left for good, there is not a single hint of any solution coming or even being worked upon, the most and only thing we have gotten is that the mods are helpless just like we users.

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
@yandex sorry you overestimate us, the only difference between your account and mine is that I have a moderator panel, I have no special communication channel (and as said earlies the missing of search function affects "my job" here significantly) :dunno:

yandex

@yandex sorry you overestimate us, the only difference between your account and mine is that I have a moderator panel, I have no special communication channel (and as said earlies the missing of search function affects "my job" here significantly)
Sorry, dont want to keep nagging you about something you can't control, but apart from the difference in our accounts you mentioned, I guess you also know who to remind to take care of this, whereas for me you moderators are the only ones I can raise an issue to. I feel that regarding your job too, and as I mentioned in detail in one of my previous replies, here's a recent example

http://kitty-kats.net/threads/katja-b-in-paris-08-10-30-134-pictures-3008px.2709132/
Posted today June 2

Posted April 14

Same set, both alive, posted within 2 months, lack of search....

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reminding the right people that it needs fixing isn't going to get it fixed, if it was it would have been done by now.
I don't know what the hold up is but given how long it's been going on for would lead me to believe it's not a high priority fix.

emerald-eye

Reminding the right people that it needs fixing isn't going to get it fixed, if it was it would have been done by now.
I don't know what the hold up is but given how long it's been going on for would lead me to believe it's not a high priority fix.
This makes no sense.
First off, who are the right people? If the right people aren't in this section, where are they? If it isn't a priority shouldn't MORE PEOPLE complain to get the attention of the "right people"? Maybe a poll on the Shout Box? Oh, but we don't want to scare away newbees.
This is a serious issue, not broken for 6 months. Oh about the time the board was upgraded. Why was it upgraded? More features lost than gained since then.
Finally --- THIS *IS* important. For one, the only other option is to keep clicking on each date and manually searching each browser page. (Uses a lot of board resources - not to mention a great pain in the butt for users -- not newbee friendly if you're looking to gain more people) NOT having the ability to search specific sets reduces income to the board as people cant find sets and if they aren't finding them, they aren't using links to get them, OR using google to find those sets on other boards, using those links, not your revenue sharing links.

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
This makes no sense.
First off, who are the right people? If the right people aren't in this section, where are they? If it isn't a priority shouldn't MORE PEOPLE complain to get the attention of the "right people"? Maybe a poll on the Shout Box? Oh, but we don't want to scare away newbees.
This is a serious issue, not broken for 6 months. Oh about the time the board was upgraded. Why was it upgraded? More features lost than gained since then.
Finally --- THIS *IS* important. For one, the only other option is to keep clicking on each date and manually searching each browser page. (Uses a lot of board resources - not to mention a great pain in the butt for users -- not newbee friendly if you're looking to gain more people) NOT having the ability to search specific sets reduces income to the board as people cant find sets and if they aren't finding them, they aren't using links to get them, OR using google to find those sets on other boards, using those links, not your revenue sharing links.
try to read what NOS911 (and all of the mods team who answered you earlier) told as the following:

• we gave you all the info we have
  • we have no special channel with tech team
  • we are mods, we are in no way involved with the board business
  • possibly "it's not a high priority fix" for board admin or (as he told in shoutbox few days ago) he doesn't have enough money actually to pay for tech assistance
SAN

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
@emerald-eye contact ModelShrek if you believe the search not working is such a detrimental problem, I'll be honest though I dont think he will care being you've only just joined the site and unless you contribute by buying premium memberships to the file hosts used here your opinion will probably be ignored.
To me and I guess Shrek the most and really only important issues are income generation and site stability and availability, every other option or function is just a bonus(nice to have but not necessarily essential), funds have to be allocated to keeping the forum running and available.

confiado73

Honestly, that's why I turned away from the forum. Today I checked again whether the search works, but there is nothing new. I still won't be coming back.