Stream recording?

B

_Blackacre_

I have been trying to figure out how to make some good captures. I have been able to get some software that records a portion of the screen just fine, but this obviously has its drawbacks, since I can't really do anything else on the PC while I am recording. Does anyone know if there is any software out there which allows you to record directly from the stream? Seems like this would be a lot more efficient. Thanks in advance!

B

_Blackacre_

there are several. for instance rtmpdump, replay media catcher, getflv, tubedigger, coojah/blader, wm recorder.
rtmpdump in combination with a tool like wireshark or some url-sniffer is probably the most powerful of them but since it's a command line tool it's not very handy. rtmpdump-helper/-explorer can make it easier.
as far as i can judge replay media catcher is the best of those tools, also quite simple in usage.
Thanks for the info. I will definitely check these out.

B

_Blackacre_

there are several. for instance rtmpdump, replay media catcher, getflv, tubedigger, coojah/blader, wm recorder.
rtmpdump in combination with a tool like wireshark or some url-sniffer is probably the most powerful of them but since it's a command line tool it's not very handy. rtmpdump-helper/-explorer can make it easier.
as far as i can judge replay media catcher is the best of those tools, also quite simple in usage.
Okay so I have tried recording with both tubedigger and wm recorder. Both record just fine to FLV files, but I can't really edit those files. So I used wm recorder to convert them to another file type. However, when I do this the audio loses sync with the video. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?