What is the Shoutbox for?

willows_pet

The shoutbox isn't mentioned at all in the rules and site news post. I am curious what its function is - I know for certain it is not to complain - many a poster has been spanked for that. Its late here (2:30am east coast USA) and I am bored and a bit confinement crazy and I was overcome with a curiosity about it. So if some kind soul would slake my curious thirst I would love it. Stay safe.
Regards Willows Pet

NOS911

Global Moderator
Staff member
Shoutboxes are usually for members to have conversations with one another, or ask advice.
We seem to have a rather unsociable bunch of members though so it rarely gets used(apart from the odd one word post).

willows_pet

I think the lack of use is due to fear. At least that is why I don't use shoutbox. You never know if a mod is going to think you are being too silly or downright subversive and slap a ban on you. I would not even risk posting this if it were not for a large 6:1 vodka martini I just finished off.

Thank you NewOldStock911 for your reply. Perhaps NOS does not mean than, I've spent too many years tracking down parts for my 1970 Karmann Ghia convertible to think of NOS as anything else - it was my first car - yes I'm that old.

SAN

Global Moderator
Staff member
@willows_pet

of course what NOS911 told is "what a chatbox is made for". My answer was pretty ironic as I understood your target was "what the shoutbox is for, if writing anything there will result in a possible ban from the mods team, just because they don't like what we wrote"? And, being honest, I have to tell you none of our mods will ever ban you for what you write there (unless you post the picture of your cock, of course)... but well... there aren't mods only inside staff team :p

qwz75

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yes, it is very important! No moderator here, who will ban you for a comment in the Shoutbox (if you are not idiot enough to post illegal content there) - I know you well enough... you would never do that....
At the moment the chatbox is an "advertising platform for the admin" - thats the correct answer for your question!

Last edited by a moderator:

S-type

Global Moderator
Staff member
It's the first thing that impacts visitors to the site, so the main thing we'd wish to avoid is negative vibes! Such as complaints about the performance of hosts, especially regarding payments, over which we clearly have no control, or technical difficulties with browsers or posting, or whatever, which we've directed elsewhere for the same basic reason? We want the Shout Box to be a cheerful place, so if you want to compliment us about our wonderful site, or to say nice things about somebody and/or their contributions, or to say hello to some fellow contributors whose efforts you recognise, go ahead - but just remember that time zones might make conversations a bit difficult.
I'm surprised no-one comments about COVID-19 and it's impact on fellow kitty-kat members around the World. Has anybody got any good ideas about how to entertain oneself - legal ones, anyway?
If members start filling the Shout Box with entertaining chat, the boss might feel less inclined to fill the gap? ;)

PS I'll add a suitably edited version of my above comments to the Shout Box - let's see if anybody's interested?

Last edited by a moderator: