best recording option for mac os x?

F2D

What's the best recording option I can get as a free download that works well with mac? As well as what program you use for the picture capping to go with the posted files? Which browser would you use while doing this? I have a outdated firefox browser that isn't great. Not a fan of safari but have it availalbe. Could go with chrome as well.

BOZZOO

What's the best recording option I can get as a free download that works well with mac? As well as what program you use for the picture capping to go with the posted files? Which browser would you use while doing this? I have a outdated firefox browser that isn't great. Not a fan of safari but have it availalbe. Could go with chrome as well.
dunno if these are mac compatible but...

srware iron is chrome based w/o the "phoning home" and tracking google is famous for. another chrome based browser w/o the tracking and such is comodo dragon.

i use iron myself. it opens quicker than firefox based 1 i use on occasion. if u really wanna stay w/ firefox based try icedragon also from comodo.

F2D

Are those capture and browser programs or just browsers? I'm about 100% sure firefox is out of the question. Worked fine on my dell but since I can't update ithe old version on the mac it freezes up a lot on videos. What do you use to make the screen caps that go along with the video links? Most use media player or something like that? How does that work?

BOZZOO

Are those capture and browser programs or just browsers? I'm about 100% sure firefox is out of the question. Worked fine on my dell but since I can't update ithe old version on the mac it freezes up a lot on videos. What do you use to make the screen caps that go along with the video links? Most use media player or something like that? How does that work?
theyre just browsers. i use media player classic to make the screen caps. start playing the video in MPC and click on file in the upper lfet corner and one of the menu selections is "save thumbnails". click on that and it makes the screen cap and saves it to where ever u decide.

F2D

Can't run MPC on the mac. So I have these options. Already on the computer are quicktime and divx. I found a site with alternative options. Listed are vlc media player, banshee, mplayer, miro, umplayer, splayer, bino, flipmac, enqueue, haihaisoft universal player. Both quicktime and divx showed up as well. So unless you think one of these others are better I might try them out first.

F2D

I almost have it lol. I got my video uploaded and ready to go. I found the grab in services while in VLC player. But the 3 selections (screen, selections, timed screen) are not selectable. Tried with the video paused and playing no difference. Probably just something i'm overlooking in a duh moment i'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

F2D

Got the screenshots working on vlc. I was even able to find a nice collage program to put them together in. But when I went to save it the computer couldn't open the document. Doesn't seem like they have any really good screenlist generators that I have come across so far for the mac. Everything is setup for windows. Found a ffmpeg download that was posted. Might have to test that out and see what comes of that. Really frustrating stupid video caps keeping me from sharing sigh.