Capturing MFC streams

B

barry82

I've recently been trying to capture some MFC shows so I can post them here, I've been using replay media catcher 4 which give me what I think is fairly common problem:
1. The timings are out e.g a 20 min video shows as having a total length of, say, 150 hours.
2. Playback is extremely jumpy and the video pauses and skips randomly - also the seek capability in VLC doesn't work.

From what I can tell this is caused by MFC intentionally altering the broadcast timings on their streams - presumable to stop people like me capping them.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to solve this problem?
- Is there a better capping program out there which can deal with this problem?
- is there some other program which can clean up the videos produced by RMC4?

thanks

elyssium

There is a tool built into RMC4 which can sort that out. Go to Tools -> Fix FLV and select the file you want to fix. On the new form, click the blue bar for 'File Contents', change the 'Fix Time' value to 30 and click the button to correct the video/audio. Then click on the blue bar for 'Meta Data' and then the 'Fix Duration' button. The file should then play normally and with the correct duration.

Also, this should be posted in the Internet Model Discussion board so it's likely a moderator will move your thread there.