Trying to find a good video editor.

Cynical1942

Hey everyone, hope some of you could help me out. I have a number of videos that I need to edit before posting, so I am looking for a free movie editor that will not put watermarks on the video but will allow me to blur or crop out account details and selectively edit. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!,
Cynical

Last edited by a moderator:

Cynical1942

Wondershare video converter is a good one

Code:
http://kickass.to/wondershare-video-converter-ultimate-v6-0-0-18-including-crack-h33t-iahq76-t6651528.html
Good program and converter all-in-one. Unfortunately it will not allow me to trim out specific sections in the middle of a video, or blur out account details from the video. Basically it does the same thing that Windows Movie Maker does. But a good suggestion, Thanks!

BOZZOO

Good program and converter all-in-one. Unfortunately it will not allow me to trim out specific sections in the middle of a video, or blur out account details from the video. Basically it does the same thing that Windows Movie Maker does. But a good suggestion, Thanks!
virtualdub does the cutting and blurring. use logoaway filter (theres 2-3 of the same type) and it can compress files well w/o noticeable quality loss. but it only does .avi files but u can convert them back to what u want.

ALSO...its a good idea to run the file thru the video editor before u use virtualdub even if its already .avi. it makes scrolling in virtdub much smoother.

KapnKrunch

Contingent upon file codec/key frames, instead of using the slider bar, I find it easier to fast forward by "scene cuts" (far right button in the red box) WHILE repeatedly bumping the "right arrow key frame" advance button during segments you wish to keep. You can zip through the file quickly and left key frame bump once you have gone too far:

Scene cut is a scan "toggle" (on/off) in either direction, until the next scene cut; key frame is a single "bump" in either direction to the next closest key frame.

If you experiment with these 4 buttons while your video is loaded then it will make better sense. Click a button, wait, observe what happens to the time index. Do the reverse. Observe. Use the other buttons. Observe.

(More advanced: Scene cut threshold sensitivity can be adjusted.)

With a traditional avi, and proper capture, you are best off cutting at (K)ey frames (not I or B) anyway.

If you find that the key frame interval is vast then you should probably GENTLY DECREASE the key frame interval in your recording software (codec), which increases the number of key frames.

---

("vdub mod", also freeware, supports other "more tricky" typically "unsupported" formats, but you will likely not need this unless you work with DVDs, etc)